Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Tuna Noodle Casserole

My food storage is overloaded with tuna fish. I used to eat it all the time, then I got pregnant and "they" say pregnant woman shouldn't eat tuna fish. But I did it anyways and it was delicious. I was craving it. So I figured if it was mixed with a bunch of other stuff, it would be alright. Hence the reason for this yummy tuna noodle casserole.

1 box noodles (I used the mini bow tie pasta)
2 Tablespoons butter
2 Tablespoons flour
1 cup milk
2 cans of tuna fish
1 1/2 cups peas
8oz can of mushrooms, drained
1 1/2 cups shredded cheese

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Spray a 9x13 pan with non-stick cooking spray.

Cook noodles according to package directions.

Meanwhile, melt butter in a large saucepan. Whisk in flour until well combined. Pour in the milk, stirring constantly until mixture thickens. Add the tuna, peas, and mushrooms, stir to combine. Add the noodles once they are cooked. Transfer the mixture to the prepared baking pan.

Bake for 15 to 20 minutes, or until bubbly. Sprinkle with cheese and return to oven until the cheese is melted.

No comments: